Tuesday, October 23, 2012
KEYNOTE: Nortin Hadler
"Rethinking Aging: Growing Old & Living Well in an Over Treated Society" (PDF)
10:15 a.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Bridging the Gap: A New Generation of Retirees (PDF)
- Retirement Housing
- Campus Proximal Senior Housing (PDF)
- Engaging Community Partners to Improve Care Transitions, Reduce Re-Hospitalizations and Decrease Health Care Costs for Retirees (PDF)
11:15 a.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Workplace Wellness and Retirement Pathways for Staff and Faculty Working in Academic Institutions
- Establishing Local Consortia of AROHE (PDF)
- Personal Aspects of Retirement: Change and Adaptation
- Meditations With Max (PDF)
- My New Career: Editor of an Emeritus College Newsletter and Writer
A student musical group was the entertainment. The SPONSOR of this luncheon was the Carol Woods Retirement Community.
KEYNOTE: David Perlmutter
"Retirement in Academia: Rethinking Politics, Priorities and Procedures"
2:55 p.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Panel: Retiree Organizations Connecting!
- Successful Fundraising Campaigns (PDF)
- Retirement Transitions Programming as an Organization Mission(PDF)
- Passion and Purpose: Transformative Connections (PDF)
- Social Security, the Jewel in the Crown of American Social Welfare (PDF)
Evening AROHE 10th Anniversary Reception
"Be patient! Some of the Power Point slides may be slow to load based on your internet speed and computer equipment. Longer sets of Power Points will take a longer time to load."